Imagine walking into a trade show featuring almost 10,000 of the best electrical manufacturing companies in China. This was the scenario in the Hong Kong Electronics Fair in the middle of the Covid pandemic. Over 195,000 people were looking for the best China manufacturer for their project.
Where would you start? What is the probability that you would connect with the right company and actually get a chance to ask some questions? Maybe you found a few interesting companies...what would you do next?
Steps To Find The Best Electrical Manufacturing Companies In China
You can find great manufacturers in China but they are great only if they are the right one to fit your business needs.
It can seem like a daunting task but there are things you can to do to make it a lot easier than just winging it.
1. Start by looking on the Internet. You will find companies like Alibaba, Global Sources and Made In China, and others.
Top China Wholesale And Electrical Manufacturing Websites
Made in China
2. Do a search for the product you are interested in manufacturing and filter them based on their reviews.
3. Keep in mind that most of the companies you will find on Google or on the above "supplier search engines" will actually be resellers. Direct manufacturers in China rarely have personnel who are capable of communicating with people in non-Chinese languages.
"Gold" or "verified" supplier only means they paid the platform to have their listings show up more prominently.
Dealing directly with the manufacturer will save you money and if handled properly, you'll end up getting a better quality product.
But at this stage of your research just get in touch with a few resellers and get a feel for what you will need to say to get the answers you want.
You will learn a lot in these conversations about how the Chinese manufacturing industry works and what you can expect.
4. Next, ask around in your own network of business connections, trade associations and other companies in your line of business.
Get an idea of their experiences and recommendations on who to deal with and what to be careful of.
5. Tradeshows In China - Now that you know a little bit about what to expect and what questions to ask you might consider going to a tradeshow in China. Plan on spending at least a couple of weeks making initial connections at the tradeshow then follow up meetings.
This process will get you started, but more likely than not, you won't have enough knowledge of how things work in China to do proper due diligence.
If you are not fluent in the local language, you will definitely be at a disadvantage.
Top china electrical manufacturing trade shows
Electric & Electronics Trade Shows in China
This platform lists a variety of tradeshows related to electronics manufacturing
EP Electrical China - EP China recognized as the largest and the most reputable electric power and electrical exhibition in China. This trade show is 0rganized by the Adsale Exhibition Services Ltd 18th time EP China is the world's biggest trade show for Electric Power Automation Equipment and Technology in China.
Electronics trade shows in China - This is a list of annual electronics trade shows in China and Hong Kong.
6. Tradeshows in the U.S. - If you don't want to spend the time and expense to spend two to four weeks in China and possibly come up with nothing, consider going to tradeshows in America.
Of course, understanding the language will not be a problem, but more likely than not, you will be dealing with resellers...so your costs will go up.
The other thing to consider is a reseller or a manufacturer's rep in the U.S. will not be able to help you with issues that inevitably come up in the manufacturing process in China.
Trade Show Calendar Of Electronics Industry In America
Top 5 Electrical Trade Shows & Conferences In The U.S.
APEC- Applied Power Electronics Conference
Associated Builders and Contractors Convention
ENSC- Electrical Network Systems Conference
HPC National Home Performance Conference & Trade Show
SEPA -Smart Electric Power Association
How To Save Time, Money, And Headaches When Looking For The Best Electrical Manufacturing Companies In China
1. Hire a sourcing agent located in China - They will speak the local language and be sensitive to the customs of the country so you can have a good relationship with the manufacturer.
2. Get a local sourcing agent to go through the list of exhibitors in the trade show of your choice to make a shortlist for you to investigate.
They will also supply you with other manufacturing companies for your consideration.
Your sourcing agent can also book meetings and help you negotiate the best terms and pricing for your manufacturing project.
3. Some of the bigger China sourcing agents will often attend electrical manufacturer trade shows in the U.S. That is a good place for you to meet with them before hiring.